Create an island of calm in a sea of noise
Our intention in teaching our mindfulness and meditation teacher course is to provide our graduates with the knowledge, skills and accreditation to support them to work with individuals or groups. Some people who do our course run meditation classes, others use mindfulness and meditation with individuals in a counselling or coaching role, and we are finding that more and more people are doing our meditation teacher course to teach mindfulness and meditation in the workplace.
Australian statistics show that at least one in three people are affected by stress. Mindfulness reduces stress, promotes calmness and enhances personal happiness. Meditation aids attention, increases feelings of well being, supports calmness, increases intuition, supports goal achievement and feelings of inner peace.
You do not need to do our life coach training course to do this course. This course is suitable for coaches, counsellors, or anyone who would like to teach meditation to individuals or groups.
Our Mindfulness and Meditation Teacher course can give you the skills, knowledge, and accreditation to support individuals or groups in need. Some of our graduates go on to run meditation classes, others use mindfulness and meditation with individuals in a counselling or coaching role; and as more employers are recognising the benefits of stress-reduction on productivity, we are finding that our graduates are answering the growing demand for their skills in the workplace.
This is a stand alone course so you do not need to do our life coach training course. It is suitable for coaches, yoga teachers, counsellors, or anyone who would like to teach meditation to individuals or groups.
While our course primarily focuses on mindfulness and meditation we have included other subjects that are valuable in helping people change their stress response and improving their lives in general, such as living by values, relaxation techniques and developing intuition. We also offer a unit covering meditation for children.
Our Mindfulness and Meditation teacher course curriculum covers:
- Identify the cause and effects of stress
- Use mindfulness to change the stress response
- Choose values to live by
- Identify the benefits to be gained from regular meditation
- Identify Different Styles of Meditation and Assess their Benefits
- Identify the Benefits of Meditation for Children and Teens
- Use Meditation to Heal and Achieve Goals
- Identify ways to develop intuition
- Identify a range of relaxation techniques
- Identify ways to promote a meditation business
- Conduct meditation courses
The course comes with a 100 page downloadable workbook which explains the difference between different styles of meditation and also includes:
- 16 different meditations and scripts (these include mindfulness, mantra, loving kindness, 9 round breathing, walking meditation etc)
- A lesson plan for conducting a 6 week meditation course
- Resources on how to make your own meditation audios
- A resource section featuring videos and apps on mindfulness and meditation
- A flyer for promoting meditation courses (you just add your contact details)
If you want a hard cover of the manual mailed to you, you need to pay an additional $30.
Upon successful completion of the course graduates are issued with a Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher certificate. This qualifies you to join the International Meditation Teachers Association.
There are 2 steps to the enrolment process:
1. Click the enrol online button and complete enrolment form.
2. Click on only one of the Paypal buttons, choosing if you want to pay the course fee in full or the installment plan (pay over 3 months). The course manual is available as a download. You need only click on this button if wish us to mail the manual to you. There is a small additional charge for this.
“Thanks so much for your guidance and advice during the course and regarding the questions I asked . I have absolutely loved the course and feel I have learnt so much and improved my own practice and life balance. I am looking forward to helping others in the area of mindfulness and meditation. I currently teach at a prison and it looks like I might have the opportunity in coming months to teach some Mindfulness and Meditation courses to prisoners.”
“My Meditation Teachers Certification with Hart Life Coaching couldn’t have been better. It’s provided me with the foundation I needed to move forward with my mission of being a Meditation Teacher with confidence and excitement. I highly recommended it.”
Successful People Who Meditate
“Meditation more than anything in my life was the biggest ingredient of whatever success I’ve had.”
Ray Dalio, the billionaire founder of Bridgewater Associates, the world’s largest hedge fund firm
“Now I meditate twice a day for half an hour. In meditation, I can let go of everything. I’m not Hugh Jackman. I’m not a dad. I’m not a husband. I’m just dipping into that powerful source that creates everything. I take a little bath in it.” Hugh Jackman.
CTO, Padmasree Warrior, Cisco Systems, who oversees 22,000 employees, told the New York Times in 2012 that taking time to meditate and unplug helped her to manage it all.
Oprah says she sits in stillness for 20 minutes, twice a day. She’s also brought in TM teachers for employees at Harpo Productions, Inc. who want to learn how to meditate.
Arianna Huffington, founder of the Huffington Post, said that early-morning yoga and meditation are two of her “joy triggers”. She now offers weekly classes to employees.
Bill Ford, Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company is a big supporter of meditation in the business world. Ford said that during difficult times at the company, he set an intention every morning to go through his day with compassion. And to lead with compassion, Ford said he first learned to develop compassion for himself through a loving-kindness meditation practice.